Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

I don't know what you have done for your veteran's today but I hope you at least took the time to remember their service to this wonderful country. For all the turmoil we are in now, for all the craziness here and abroad, this is still the best country to live in, period. No where else do you have free rein to say almost anything you want and not get shot for it. No where can you argue or disagree with the leaders of your country and continue a normal life. No where can you live with the liberty we offer here. I served for four years in the best Navy in the world. I may not agree with everything that our leaders say (or any of it) but I am grateful for the freedom to speak my mind and face no recourse.

Enjoy your liberty today. Exercise it. Remember that the only one's we have to blame for the current events unfolding around the world is mother nature and ourselves.

If you would like to help out our troops around the world, consider donating a cellphone so that a trooper, airman, sailor, or Marine can phone home. Or just hug a service member or veteran. It will make a difference.

--

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment