Friday, October 16, 2009

OK I've stopped bleeding!

Had a scare today that I just had to share with the world. I was getting through another day at work and without thinking scratched my arm.  A few moments I looked down to find myself bleeding profusely.  Thought it was odd but I patched myself up with the standard Alcohol and Superman band-aid routine and went on lunch.  As I wrapped up lunch I noticed I was bleeding through my band-aid!  I got a little scared and started getting worried.  A kind woman at work (who used to be a nurse!) helped bandage me up with an ace bandage but as I was heading home I loosened it up and check and was still bleeding! At this point I decided it was time to go get this looked at.  So Samantha drove me to the clinic and they took a look at me and decided I had somehow scratched a spot that was attached to a vein.  They numbed my arm and cauterized the wound.  Samantha's face was priceless!  Needless to say I am not scratching at anything now!  And now you know.  And knowing is half the battle!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment